Sunday 17 April 2011

My strip idea worked well--Poonam Pandey


Her one statement for the Indian cricket team made her an overnight star and soon, she became one of the most searched and downloaded celebrities online.

Kingfisher model Poonam Pandey had proclaimed to go dare-bare to boost the morale of the Indian cricket team, if India wins the WC.

In a recent conversation with IANS, Poonam Pandey shared about her strip idea experience and how did it help her to grab the headlines.

“I did many things like opening the fan page on Facebook where I did an exclusive photo shoot. But I was not satisfied, so I came up with this idea, which worked well. It was my own decision and I was awake and fully aware of what I was saying,” said the model.

Though she was finding the whole situation funny, she was bewildered when people started making issues out of it.

“I took it as fun, but people made an issue out of that because I was an Indian girl and not allowed to do such things,” she added.

BCCI denied Poonam's request
In a letter to the BCCI, Poonam Pandey had requested the BCCI to give her permission to go full monty for the Indian cricket team in the team's dressing room in private.

She planned to do this to motivate the team for better performances in future. However, the BCCI dodged Poonam's appeal and now, Poonam has decided not to request BCCI anymore.

“I want the media to support me and convey my message to the members as there is no point in asking same thing again and again,” said the 20-year-old lasso.

It was a good experience--Poonam Pandey
The hunt for Poonam Pandey began after India won the WC. The social networking sites were flooded with a single question, "Where is Poonam Pandey?" None of them was aware about the reason for her being grounded.

Surprisingly, Poonam revealed that she had received many threat calls for her dare-bare idea.

“There were many problems which nobody can even think of. I avoided going to public places. I faced issues like court cases, arrest warrants and calls from the moral police. But, anyway, it was a good experience,” claimed the lasso.

Poonam to feature in 'Khatron Ke Khiladi 4'
Though Poonam did not accept that her strip idea was a publicity gimmick, she has very well succeeded in making an imprint on the small screen.

The model will soon be seen featuring in the adventurous reality show 'Khatron Ke Khiladi Season 4', to be hosted by the B-town Khiladi Akshay Kumar.

“I have seen the previous season of the show. It's something very different and adventurous and that will not be a problem for me as I was into sports during school days. It will be fun facing my fear,” said Poonam.

Poonam is one of the 12 contestants on the show with a prize money of Rs. 50 lakh.

“This season, the production has added the word 'Torchaar' which speaks many things, so I am looking forward to go on the ride with Bollywood Khiladi Akshay Kumar,” added the lasso.

Poonam receives offers from Bollywood
Well, with all credits to her bold statements, the lasso has been flooded with numerous movie and item number offers in Bollywood.

Revealing about her entry in Bollywood, Poonam said, “Of course, everyone targets Bollywood. I got movie offers and item numbers but I will not disclose it at the moment because I have not given any commitment to anybody.”

Though she has denied to strip in Bollywood, you never know she might have some surprises in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment