Monday 28 February 2011

Shahid Kapur can't imagine living without love

Actor Shahid Kapur’s in a dilemma of sorts. It’s the Bollywood star’s birthday today, but he’s still undecided about his birthday wish.

“I’ve just lived my biggest dream and it’s hard to find a wish that would top that,” smiles Shahid referring to his recent F-16 flight that he undertook as a co-pilot, making him the first B-Town actor to do so. Revealing his plans for the day, the actor says he will be taking a break from his shoot to celebrate. “My family is still in Punjab for the shoot, so I will bring in my birthday with a couple of close friends here.”

Talking about Mausam, the actor reveals that he’s much-excited about working in his dad Pankaj Kapur’s film. But working with his father is not the only reason why the film’s extremely special to Shahid’s heart. “I’m playing an Air Force officer in the film, something that’s always been my childhood dream. They are the real heroes. I think we as youth can really look up to them for inspiration.” The actor points out that it’s for this reason that he also supports the DNA India Positive campaign. “I appreciate the fact that DNA’s India Positive campaign has such a strong youth connect. It can really motivate them to realise their youth power,” he says.

Gung ho about his professional life, Shahid admits to being in a “beautiful phase of his life” personally too, even though he still prefers to be mum about reports of good friend Priyanka Chopra being the cause for it. “What can I say about her that I haven’t said already,” he quips. “As a co-star she is fabulous, as a friend even more,” says Shahid, unfazed by the fact that Chopra is giving his birthday a skip. “As for love, I’ve never stopped believing in it, no matter what my experiences. It’s a beautiful emotion and I can’t imagine living without it.” So, is love on his wish list? “May be, as of now, sky’s the limit for me,” smiles Shahid. Well, only in this case, it’s quite literally too!

No comments:

Post a Comment